2018 GPPA Men’s Night – Let the Fun Begin!
The GPPA and the Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club are excited to offer 2018 GPPA Men’s Night. The concept is going to be kept very social and networking is a must! Monday evenings, starting April 30th until September 17th, you will play against a different team each week. The golf season will be followed by a wind-up banquet with prizes to be given out on September 17th.
- First right of refusal will be given to the returning teams, with the team captains as the contact person. The returning teams will be paid in full by April 6th; this will ensure your team’s entry for 2018. After this date, it will be open to the waiting list of teams. The company is the team, in the case of a team rep with a new company. Starting March 12th (at 12:00 p.m.) your name can be put on the waiting list by calling Mike Bowen at 780-532-0340.
- Again, in 2018, we will be encouraging perfect attendance by teams and attendance points will be awarded. The two teams with the weakest attendance will lose the first right of refusal for 2019.
- Weekly closest to the pin prizes will be returning and are courtesy of the weekly sponsor. Each team will sponsor one week, be provided with some signage and a giveaway prize of $100 for a KP that evening
- Cost is $650 per team and every team must have at least one GPPA member. Your team entry includes a wind-up banquet for six. We will focus on good promotion of each of the sponsors during the year, with the last couple of weeks being doubled up, as we have a few more sponsorships than weeks in the season.
- We are also looking for two flight sponsors of $500 each. You will have your name on the trophies and get weekly recognition. Contact Mike Bowen if interested.
- Your nightly costs are $50 (plus GST). This includes 9 holes of golf and a shared power car. Buying passes in books of 10 at $450 (plus GST), should be done in advance to allow a smooth transition to the golf course each evening of play. Members of the Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club are not subject to a green fee, but are to pay $10 per seat on a power car, if they are to ride.
- Scoring! Two teams will tee off together and play head to head scramble (best ball to some). Modified scoring will be used in 2017. The winning team will receive 3 points, a tie 1 point, and the loss 0 points. If you have a full four player team, you will get a bonus point. Your accumulated points will dictate your standings at the end of the year. You could get as much as 4 points for a win down to 0. Be sure to check in/register in the golf shop prior to the shot gun, as this is how attendance will be kept.
- In 2017, we are going to have two divisions and this will be done by dividing the field in half, after the final week of the season. There will be 10 teams in the A division and 10 teams in the B division. If a count back is required, attendance will be the first tie breaker. If still tied it will be the team with more points on the final day will advance to the next position. If still tied, the second last week will be considered and so on. If there is a tie that includes teams from the final spot from the A division, the winner of the tie breaker will still finish in first place in the B and not be placed in last place in the A. Look for the potential of a trophy that will be the ultimate bragging rights, each year!
- A mandatory captains meeting will be held at the clubhouse, where each team will be asked to have a representative present for a brief meeting, to discuss the season’s event. This will happen on April 23rd, at 7:00 p.m.
- Golf will start with a 6:30 p.m. shotgun (6:00 p.m. on August 13th & 20th, and move to 5:30 p.m. on August 27th and move to 5:00pm on September 10th & 17th). There will be a shotgun each Monday and you will alternate nines, front and back.
Register with the Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club, the first 20 teams will be accepted. If any of the 20 teams, that have the first right of refusal, do not register, all teams on the waiting list will be considered for a draw on April 10th.
The Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club wants everyone to enjoy this league. Some changes have been made to keep it strong and vibrant league. Whether you use this as a great networking opportunity, playing with old friends, or to get out and enjoy 9 holes, we know this can be a great evening of camaraderie. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Bowen at 780-532-0340 ext. 107
2018 GPPA Men’s Night Schedule
|May||7, 14, 21, 28|
|June||4, 11, 18, 25|
|July||9, 16, 23, 30|
|August||13, 20, 27|
|September||10, 17 (final wind up)|
*Please note there is no GPPA Men’s Night on Holiday Mondays*
Golf Operations Manager/CFM
Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club